My Blog List

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Calendar Issue

The fourth six weeks "Perfect Attendance Bingo" party is just around the corner and looks like everything is ready to go. 

However, I have run into a bit of a snag.  After speaking with our administrators, it was brought to my attention that the fifth six weeks Attendance Party cannot occur prior to the state assessment, STAAR.  They were concerned about it affecting our students, therefore we have decided to have the party to May 3rd instead of April 19th.  I am a bit worried that our students will not see an immediate reward and lose interest in the Attendance Race, but it is our only choice. 

The 6th six weeks Attendance Party will take place May 24th, a week before school is out, so that should be interesting as well.  I hope that all goes smoothly and that we see some good results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment