My Blog List

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Time for an Update!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012


Time for an Update!

Where has the time gone? I have been so busy this summer, and wrapped up in school, my blog was put to the side for a little while. Here's an update on the remainder of the action research project. The sixth six weeks attendance race was much more talked about than the fifth six weeks. Students approached me often wondering where their grade level stood in the race, and even teachers were more curious about it. Keeping up with the data was a bit time consuming, but in the end the kids were thrilled to win the race. The 7th grade won the 6th six weeks Attendance Race and were released from their fifth period class to attend an "Open Gym" Party. Our seventh grade students were thrilled! Our school principal allowed us to purchase ice-cream cones, popsicles, and ice-cream sandwiches for the reward party. In addition, students were allowed to move from either of the gymnasiums to play volleyball, basketball, and just sit on the bleachers with their friends. Students were also allowed to use their electronic devices to listen to music and take pictures if they wanted to. We also barrowed a a karaoke machine, and students were allowed to sing songs with their friends. The party was a huge success and all grade levels were talking about it.

During my summer break I have continued my graduate studies and am awaiting the attendance data for the last six weeks of the 2011-2012 school year. As I am working on gathering my data and research, I will post further results in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment